Share your final work product below:
Show us pictures, presentations, or anything else you made for this project!
Ingame Level Comparison
Prototype Gameplay | Blockout Phase
What did you learn about yourself from this project?
Did you spark a new interest? Perhaps you realized that you didn't like this field after all. Just tell us what you discovered about yourself through this project!
Designing a level to play well is difficult.
What did you learn academically from this project?
Take the skills you aligned to this project and show us how you applied them. Was there anything else you learned along the way?
What advice would you give to someone starting a similar project?
Was there a particularly helpful book, website, or resource? Or, perhaps you realized the scope of the project was too large because of an unforeseen constraint. Whatever the advice, give it here!
Make sure to plan out the gameplay mechanics before designing a level
Rose, Bud, Thorn.
🌹What did you enjoy most about this project? 🥀What didn't go well in this project? 🌱What will you do differently next time?
What advice or feedback do you have for the Sora team?
Was there anything particularly cumbersome or challenging this go-around? Any ideas to make projects run smoother for new students?
This Checkpoint is being reviewed by Jasmine
📚 Content Feedback:
- I think your ideas you came up with for gameplay mechanics are very creative and would add a new challenge to the game if Imposters were able to hide bodies in the Moon pool, and players could "sabotage" Imposters by inhibiting their ability to vent
- This is pretty cool that you made a prototype of your design, what program did you use?
- I was wondering how vineyards fit in thematically with your Underwater idea
- Obviously Among Us is a simpler game, but maybe if you want to explore how to design a more complex video game in the future these links or this might be something cool to check out!
☑️ Action Items:
- It would be awesome if you took a bit more time to reflect on your project so that others who would want to undertake a similar project in the future could learn from your process! I would want to know what part of designing the level was difficult or why your takeaway was to plan the gameplay mechanics out first!
- Also for formatting in Notion, I think it would be good to share all your Underwater Level ideas on one page, versus having multiple links for people to click through. If you need help with this, feel free to PM me!