Share your work product!
Share your work product below:
Show us pictures, presentations, or anything else you made for this project!
What are some of the most interesting discoveries you've made working on this project?
Did you spark a new interest? Perhaps you realized that you didn't like this field after all. Just tell us what you discovered about yourself through this project!
I found ENSO to be pretty interesting, and I liked the "website style" deliverable. It was a lot of information to digest but I learned a lot about why we get super crazy weather we get sometimes.
What blockers got in the way of your progress?
A blocker is a challenge or issue that is stopping you from completing your deliverables.
I didn't hit many blockers this time around. I personally just need to figure out how to manage my time better so that I get all my work done in a reasonable amount of time (i.e. without cramming)
What extra resources would be helpful for this project in the future?
Is there a particularly helpful book, website, person, or resource that would be helpful, or you will require to continue this project?
I found the NOAA El Nino site to be very helpful, their information was very organized and easy to follow along with. This was important to me because I was really having a hard time understanding the topic as there is a lot of information and detail to digest.
Rose, Bud, Thorn.
🌹What did you enjoy most about this project? 🥀What didn't go well in this project? 🌱What will you do differently next time?
🌹: I loved making a Notion page looking like a real website
🥀: I didn't organize my time very well so I ended up being pretty stressed out towards the end
🌱: Relating back to the last question, I'll definitely sit down and figure out a schedule before the project starts
Checkpoint 5: Review
This checkpoint is being reviewed by Josiah
This checkpoint is being reviewed by Jasmine
📚 Content Feedback:
- You designed a nice little infographic/Notion article that made facts about El Nino easy to digest
- TIL about the La Nina weather pattern. Pretty cool! 👌
- Your information hierarchy is on point! I appreciated how you formatted your information in terms of defining El Nino and relevant facts near the top, down to the history, and impact on the bottom. Your titles also fall in line with your hierarchy and draw the reader's eye to the main topics
- I wonder if there are any relevant stories of people experiencing El Nino, and how it affected their livelihood. That could be an exciting way to bring in a personal aspect to your news article
- Did learning about El Nino spark any interest in other natural, but odd weather phenomenon?
☑️ Action Items:
- For this type of medium, it can be helpful to include a concise caption underneath each photo to provide the reader basic information needed (explain what/where or background info on the photo) to understand a photograph and its relevance to the news. Bonus citing sources points to cite the source of your photo!